If you are up to speed with our latest news updates We've Got an Exciting Announcement & 101 George Street, Edinburgh you’ll know that there’s a lot of change underway with Blues & Browns! We may be coming out of retail and opening a new flag ship design boutique in Edinburgh but the values upon which we are built are remaining exactly the same.
We’re well aware now that High Street retailers have brought us fast fashion, providing us with the latest fashion trends at extremely low prices, but what we’re interested in is the true cost of that service.
Did you know that:
• The average lifespan of a high street garment is just 7 wears?!
• As a result of that the average wardrobe size has quadrupled since the end of the
last century, before fast fashion became the norm.
• 235million tonnes of clothing are thrown into a landfill every year.
For more fast fashion facts, you can read more at Fashion United.
This is as a result of the following factors:
• Ill fitting, cheap materials not made to last
• Sweatshops and devaluing the process of dressmaking
• Killing independent brands and suppliers as global brands take over markets world wide
• Clothes being shipped worldwide and thrown out after a single season of use
This is why we at Blues & Browns pride ourselves on helping you to make good style choices, we take the time to source the highest quality materials, and we turn them into bespoke outfits here in our workshop in Scotland. We ensure that our garments not only fit your body perfectly, but are comfortable and will last for seasons to come.